Rob is a highly acclaimed photographer who creates images for fashion, advertising, editorial, portrait and residential architecture assignments. Rob's work has appeared in Esquire, Los Angeles Magazine, Los Angeles Times, LA Weekly, New York Times, Orange Coast Magazine, Ventura Blvd., Wall Street Journal, and numerous other online and print publications.
In 1997, Rob Silverman's photography studio was established at the Brewery Arts Complex. Since then we've moved spaces twice and for the past fifteen years are happiest in our current studio. The morning light is direct, followed by a beautiful window light that envelops the studio till dusk. Plus, black blinds are in place to block out any unwanted rays. Full payment via (PayPal.ME/robstudio214) or (Venmo@Rob-Silverman-4) is required 14 days in advance of booking.
Once you arrive and go through gated security, continue to drive straight (approx. 200 ft.), where you’ll see Barbara’s at the Brewery (yellow building). You can park in any un-marked spot. The entrance to the building is immediately to the left of the restaurant and has “620” over a yellow boxed loading zone area. The studio is on the second floor. If freight elevator access is required, first visit the studio to obtain key.
Enhanced cleaning measures:
- The space is cleaned and disinfected in accordance with guidelines from local health authorities
- High touch surfaces and shared amenities have been disinfected
Equipment provided for every guest:
- Disinfecting wipes and paper towels
- Disposable gloves
- Disposable masks / face coverings
- Hand Sanitizer
The creation of the Brewery Arts Complex began in 1982 at the site of the Pabst Blue Ribbon Brewery. With the passing of the Artist-In-Residence code, artists could rent live/work space in industrially zoned buildings.
The Brewery also hosts a twice annual art walk. The next art walk is scheduled for April 2023, (Date TBD) from 11 am to 6 pm.
Barbara's at the Brewery is located
on-site and offers a tasty menu, craft beers and cocktails. Perfect for lunch or after shoot food and libations.
To visit Barbara's website, click below:
- Studio faces east
- 7 am to 10 am: direct sunlight via 14' x 16' window
- 10 am to dusk: beautiful window light
INCLUDED FURNITURE & EQUIPMENT
- Living Room set with mid-century designed furniture including charcoal gray sofa,
coffee table, side tables, bench, lounge chair, lamps, ottomans, 1940’s TV and hi-top
table with three stools (see images above).
- All furniture is easily moved to create a larger shooting area for portraits, fashion, food,
table-top, etc.) Over 1500 sq. ft. shooting area available sans furniture.
- Excellent sound system
- Dressing/Hair/Make-up room with beauty mirror/chairs and wardrobe racks.
(The room can also be used as a green room/office or set.)
- 8 ft. heavy wooden table
- (4) modern red chairs
- (5) folding chairs
- Full kitchen access
- Bedroom set with California King bed, couch, side tables, stainless steel mid-century
medical cabinets (filled with art/photo books and vintage school desk)
- Shooting from above (2nd level to 1st level)
- Rolling production cart
- 12 ft. studio stand
- (2) 8 ft. V-flats
- (2) Saw-horses
- (1) C-stand
- Seamless paper: assorted sizes/colors
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT FOR RENT
- (2) Hensel 400-watt mono light kits
Each kit includes (2) 400-watt strobe lights, (2) light stands, medium soft box, reflector,
grids, pocket wizard remote trigger, umbrella, clamps and (3) 15lb. sandbags
$25 per hour additional per light kit (4 hr. minimum).
Can be reserved at time of studio booking.